Master planned communities date back to the mid-1960s, when Arizona city planners developed the McCormick Ranch community in Scottsdale. It was the first of its kind and differed from traditional subdivisions in the many extra amenities it offered its residents.
Today, master planned communities continue to attract individuals and families looking for more than just a neighborhood. Whether they seek golf courses, fitness facilities, parks and trails, or nearby offices and retail, master planned communities are specifically designed to meet their lifestyle needs.
Bury+Partners is honored and excited that one of our recent master planned projects, Teravista, was named one of the 50 Top-Selling U.S. Master Planned Communities by John Burns Real Estate Consulting.
Teravista is located in Round Rock, Texas, adjacent to the Round Rock Premium Outlets, just 15 miles north of Downtown Austin, and features:
- 3,000 homes, 550 apartments and a 135-acre business park
- A 7,200-yard, 18-hole championship golf course, recently named the top “Beginner Friendly Course” by National Golf Course Owners Association and tied for “Top Course in Austin” by Texas Outside
- A Scott & White University Medical Campus across the street
- Round Rock ISD and Georgetown ISD schools
- Easy access to Austin-Bergstrom International Airport via Texas 130 Tollway and IH-45
- More than 5 miles of landscaped trails
- Residents Club with Junior Olympic pool and state of the art fitness center
Bury provided several civil engineering services for this master planned community, including roadways, drainage, water quality features, water and sewer lines, pedestrian paths, erosion control, survey and zoning. In addition, Bury worked with the City of Georgetown to design two lift stations for the community.
The list was ranked by John Burns Real Estate Consulting and is based on the number of home sales each from 2011. You can view the full report here. Also, you can take a virtual tour of the Teravista Community on their website.
Congratulations to the developer, Newland Communities, and everyone who had a hand in the successful planning and development!
- Fugro (Geotechnical Services)
- Bontempo Structural Engineering, Inc. (Structural)
- TBG Partners (Land Planning)